If you ever wanted to know how to create a GTA RP server, this tutorial is for you!
We show you how to start a server without coding skills at all.
To create a GTA 5 roleplay server on FiveM, you can use a finished server framework, here we will use “Essentialmode Extended” (ESX), the most popular and loved framework on FiveM.
Famous streamers like xqc or koil play on GTA RP servers (created on FiveM mod) to entertain their viewers and play roleplay stories. We want to show you how to create a server like that today.
We tried to keep it as simple as possible to ensure you will be successful on creating your own Grand Theft Auto community.
Requirements for your GTA RP server
- a server hoster for FiveM (for example you can use Zaphosting)
- a database server (for example MySQL. If you use Zaphosting, it’s already integrated though!)
- Server files, you will get them here or here for free (or use a server template from us, it’s much easier)
- Visual C++ (only if you are on Windows)
- a server name + serverlogo (optional, best for start)
Step 1: Choose your framework
There are dozens of frameworks available around the web. The most used ones are:
Which one to choose
It’s up to you: ESX has a better amount of scripts, while QBCore is newer. It’s up to you which framework you’ll use. Google and test around if you’re not sure.
We recommend using ESX for your first server – as it is easier to understand code!
Step 2 (optional*): Download a FiveM server preset (server template)
* this step is not necessary, but will make everything much easier. Promised!
We prepared some finished plug&play solutions for your server, so you don’t need to start from zero. We recommend using a pack instead of setting up your complete server (if you want to learn, it can be helpful though). However, the decision is yours.
These server templates offer a lot for you:
- Complete jobs, plug and play
- already built in maps
- admin tools to administrate your server and players
- Database is already pre-setup as .SQL downloadable
- You save A LOT OF TIME
The good thing is: You do not have to start from 0 – the basics are inside here and it saves you hours of work.
Special offers are now running. Choose a server package:
Note: A fivem server preset will make your setup much easier. Try it out and profit from our refund-guarantee.
Step 4: How to install the files
- Create a new directory (for example
D:\FXServer\server), this will be your server folder
- Download the last server version of FiveM: artifacts server.
- Extract the files
- Download and extract cfx-server-data to a folder, for example to
- Create a server.cfg file inside the directory:
server-data(this is an example: example server.cfg).
- Generate a new FiveM key from the keymaster: https://keymaster.fivem.net.
- Adjust the key inside the server.cfg:
- Start the server! Wooho! 😎
If you use the pack from above, you don’t have to force all of the steps. It is important that the server has a correct key. If you want the server to be accessible from the outside, activate the ports, otherwise friends cannot join.
Once you’ve set up the server, you can start very fast your new server: Install ESX (everything is done with the pack already). To do this, you set up a database and run the .sql. Then you start ESX and have a base for your server.
Step 5: Conclusion & How to upgrade your server (scripts/maps)
Yes, that’s basically it. It was’nt that hard to follow the steps, right? Start your server, test around and give yourself admin permissions. You’ll find a list of permissions and commands right here.
Your server needs new jobs, scripts or whole mods? You can download and maintain various jobs from the FiveM forum or buy some from our FiveM shop.
Create your GTA5 RP server today. We wish you a lot of fun with the GTA roleplay!
Well, that’s a good question (and it depends on several things): On the power of your server (and how many players are supported). The cheapest price is $5 and can be up to $500 monthly (which is likely the maximum). But the average is around $15-$50 per month.
We recommend at least 6 GB of RAM and a solid 4-core CPU.
We have different tips for you. Read more about it here.
Yes. But it is forbidden to earn money (and profit) from it as Rockstar Games has written on their page.
Read more about it here: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/11374598771091/Roleplay-RP-Servers